Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.58 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 48.7"||1001.19 mi||west||0° 11' 01.7"||12.63 mi||north||1001.10 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 56.6"||747.84 mi||east||4° 13' 09.8"||289.98 mi||north||798.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Mon 1:18 AM||202 km||126 miles||109 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Mon 2:18 AM||790 km||491 miles||427 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Mon 1:18 AM||1101 km||684 miles||595 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Mon 12:18 AM||1478 km||918 miles||798 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 1:18 AM||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Mon 12:18 AM||1833 km||1139 miles||990 nm||W|
|Yaren||Mon 3:18 AM||1890 km||1174 miles||1020 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Mon 2:18 AM||1947 km||1210 miles||1051 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Mon 12:18 AM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 3:18 AM||2227 km||1384 miles||1202 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.