Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 2, 2012 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.59 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.7"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 48.7"||1001.12 mi||west||0° 11' 01.7"||12.63 mi||north||1001.04 mi|
|24 hours||10° 51' 56.6"||747.79 mi||east||4° 13' 11.1"||289.98 mi||north||798.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weno||Mon 1:18 AM||193 km||120 miles||104 nm||NNE|
|Palikir||Mon 2:18 AM||761 km||473 miles||411 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Mon 1:18 AM||1120 km||696 miles||605 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Mon 12:18 AM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 1:18 AM||1747 km||1085 miles||943 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 3:18 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Mon 12:18 AM||1863 km||1158 miles||1006 nm||W|
|Honiara||Mon 2:18 AM||1931 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||SSE|
|Manokwari||Mon 12:18 AM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 3:18 AM||2197 km||1365 miles||1186 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.