Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.31 meters/second, 1545.5 km/hour, 960.3 miles/hour or 834.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.01 mi||West||0° 00' 06.4"||0.12 mi||North||16.01 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.1"||960.06 mi||West||0° 06' 28.4"||7.42 mi||North||959.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 19' 38.9"||748.40 mi||East||2° 12' 27.6"||151.84 mi||North||759.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Quezon||Thu 3:20 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||WSW|
|Tarlac City||Thu 3:20 AM||573 km||356 miles||310 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Thu 3:20 AM||579 km||360 miles||313 nm||WSW|
|Mabalacat||Thu 3:20 AM||586 km||364 miles||316 nm||WSW|
|Angeles||Thu 3:20 AM||588 km||366 miles||318 nm||WSW|
|Olongapo||Thu 3:20 AM||632 km||393 miles||341 nm||WSW|
|Cebu City||Thu 3:20 AM||791 km||491 miles||427 nm||SSW|
|Kaohsiung||Thu 3:20 AM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||NW|
|Taichung||Thu 3:20 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Thu 3:20 AM||965 km||599 miles||521 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.