Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 5:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.96 meters/second, 1526.3 km/hour, 948.4 miles/hour or 824.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.5"||948.07 mi||West||0° 04' 35.7"||5.27 mi||North||947.87 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 00.5"||752.96 mi||East||1° 25' 06.2"||97.57 mi||North||755.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 5:36 AM||474 km||294 miles||256 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 4:36 AM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 5:36 AM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 3:36 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 5:36 AM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 6:36 AM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Fri 5:36 AM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||SSE|
|Tokyo||Fri 2:36 AM||2852 km||1772 miles||1540 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:36 AM||3150 km||1958 miles||1701 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 4:36 AM||3190 km||1982 miles||1722 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.