Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.64 meters/second, 1525.1 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.3"||947.34 mi||West||0° 04' 27.3"||5.11 mi||North||947.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 50.1"||753.30 mi||East||1° 21' 37.4"||93.58 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 5:10 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:10 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 4:10 AM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Fri 4:10 AM||1699 km||1056 miles||917 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Fri 4:10 AM||1714 km||1065 miles||925 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Fri 4:10 AM||1724 km||1071 miles||931 nm||N|
|Osaka||Fri 4:10 AM||1731 km||1076 miles||935 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Fri 4:10 AM||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Fri 4:10 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Fri 4:10 AM||1762 km||1095 miles||951 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.