Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 7:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.60 meters/second, 1525.0 km/hour, 947.6 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.2"||947.26 mi||West||0° 04' 26.4"||5.09 mi||North||947.06 mi|
|24 hours||11° 32' 55.3"||753.34 mi||East||1° 21' 15.1"||93.15 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:20 AM||1062 km||660 miles||574 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 4:20 AM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||S|
|Kumamoto||Fri 4:20 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Fri 4:20 AM||1692 km||1051 miles||913 nm||N|
|Osaka||Fri 4:20 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||N|
|Fukuoka||Fri 4:20 AM||1696 km||1054 miles||916 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Fri 4:20 AM||1697 km||1055 miles||916 nm||N|
|Taipei||Fri 3:20 AM||1707 km||1061 miles||922 nm||WNW|
|Kitakyushu||Fri 4:20 AM||1709 km||1062 miles||923 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Fri 4:20 AM||1726 km||1072 miles||932 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.