Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 7:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 19:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.57 meters/second, 1524.8 km/hour, 947.5 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.5"||0.09 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.8"||947.19 mi||West||0° 04' 25.5"||5.07 mi||North||946.98 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 00.4"||753.38 mi||East||1° 20' 52.8"||92.73 mi||North||755.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 5:30 AM||1275 km||792 miles||689 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Fri 4:30 AM||1324 km||823 miles||715 nm||S|
|Kagoshima||Fri 4:30 AM||1401 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Fri 3:30 AM||1477 km||918 miles||798 nm||WNW|
|Kumamoto||Fri 4:30 AM||1526 km||948 miles||824 nm||NNW|
|Quezon||Fri 3:30 AM||1529 km||950 miles||825 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Fri 3:30 AM||1541 km||958 miles||832 nm||WSW|
|Fukuoka||Fri 4:30 AM||1618 km||1005 miles||873 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Fri 4:30 AM||1637 km||1017 miles||884 nm||NNW|
|Davao||Fri 3:30 AM||1678 km||1042 miles||906 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.