Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 8:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.40 meters/second, 1524.2 km/hour, 947.1 miles/hour or 823.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 21.8"||946.81 mi||West||0° 04' 21.0"||4.99 mi||North||946.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 26.6"||753.57 mi||East||1° 19' 01.1"||90.60 mi||North||755.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kaohsiung||Fri 4:20 AM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||NNW|
|Tarlac City||Fri 4:20 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||SSW|
|Mabalacat||Fri 4:20 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||SSW|
|Angeles||Fri 4:20 AM||525 km||326 miles||283 nm||SSW|
|Taichung||Fri 4:20 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||NNW|
|Quezon||Fri 4:20 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||SSW|
|Olongapo||Fri 4:20 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||SSW|
|Manila||Fri 4:20 AM||569 km||353 miles||307 nm||SSW|
|Hsinchu||Fri 4:20 AM||603 km||375 miles||326 nm||NNW|
|Taoyuan City||Fri 4:20 AM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.