Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 7, 2012 at 1:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 01:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 422.43 meters/second, 1520.7 kilometres/hour, 944.9 miles/hour or 821.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.75 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.08 mi||North||15.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 14.9"||944.63 mi||West||0° 03' 54.0"||4.47 mi||North||944.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 59.2"||754.69 mi||East||1° 07' 45.1"||77.68 mi||North||755.96 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salalah||Fri 5:20 AM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||SE|
|Al Mukalla||Fri 4:20 AM||596 km||371 miles||322 nm||S|
|Hofuf||Fri 4:20 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||N|
|Riyadh||Fri 4:20 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||NNW|
|Doha||Fri 4:20 AM||623 km||387 miles||337 nm||NNE|
|Al-Jamiliyah||Fri 4:20 AM||649 km||403 miles||350 nm||N|
|Al Khor||Fri 4:20 AM||665 km||413 miles||359 nm||NNE|
|Abu Dhabi||Fri 5:20 AM||691 km||429 miles||373 nm||NE|
|Riffa||Fri 4:20 AM||696 km||433 miles||376 nm||N|
|Manama||Fri 4:20 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.