Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 7, 2012 at 12:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 12:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.61 meters/second, 1514.2 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 02.9"||0.06 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 00.3"||940.56 mi||West||0° 02' 52.5"||3.30 mi||North||940.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 08.3"||757.22 mi||East||0° 42' 25.1"||48.64 mi||North||757.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mazatlan *||Fri 6:20 AM||466 km||290 miles||252 nm||NE|
|Puerto Vallarta *||Fri 7:20 AM||484 km||301 miles||261 nm||E|
|Tepic *||Fri 6:20 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||ENE|
|Colima *||Fri 7:20 AM||659 km||410 miles||356 nm||ESE|
|Durango *||Fri 7:20 AM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara *||Fri 7:20 AM||681 km||423 miles||367 nm||E|
|Aguascalientes *||Fri 7:20 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||ENE|
|Leon *||Fri 7:20 AM||856 km||532 miles||462 nm||E|
|San Luis Potosi *||Fri 7:20 AM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||ENE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 5:20 AM||957 km||594 miles||517 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.