Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 7, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.04 meters/second, 1512.1 km/hour, 939.6 miles/hour or 816.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||North||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 55.0"||939.27 mi||West||0° 02' 28.2"||2.83 mi||North||939.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 56.6"||758.20 mi||East||0° 32' 24.8"||37.17 mi||North||757.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Fri 5:36 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:36 AM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Sat 4:36 AM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:36 AM||2325 km||1445 miles||1255 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 4:36 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:36 AM||2611 km||1622 miles||1410 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:36 AM||2698 km||1676 miles||1457 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 4:36 AM||3300 km||2050 miles||1782 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:36 AM||3326 km||2067 miles||1796 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:36 AM||3379 km||2100 miles||1824 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.