Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.94 meters/second, 1511.8 km/hour, 939.4 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.1"||939.04 mi||west||0° 02' 23.5"||2.74 mi||north||938.92 mi|
|24 hours||348° 16' 43.1"||758.39 mi||west||0° 30' 26.9"||34.91 mi||north||757.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 5:26 AM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||W|
|Midway||Fri 6:26 AM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sat 5:26 AM||1593 km||990 miles||860 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:26 AM||2164 km||1344 miles||1168 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:26 AM||2412 km||1499 miles||1302 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sat 4:26 AM||2464 km||1531 miles||1330 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 5:26 AM||2556 km||1589 miles||1380 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:26 AM||2706 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:26 AM||3254 km||2022 miles||1757 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:26 AM||3424 km||2128 miles||1849 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.