Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 17:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.92 meters/second, 1511.7 km/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||north||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 53.9"||938.99 mi||west||0° 02' 22.4"||2.72 mi||north||938.87 mi|
|24 hours||348° 16' 38.9"||758.43 mi||west||0° 30' 03.3"||34.46 mi||north||757.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 5:36 AM||753 km||468 miles||406 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Fri 6:36 AM||1227 km||763 miles||663 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sat 5:36 AM||1528 km||949 miles||825 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 5:36 AM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sat 4:36 AM||2266 km||1408 miles||1223 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sat 5:36 AM||2466 km||1532 miles||1332 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:36 AM||2513 km||1562 miles||1357 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:36 AM||2956 km||1837 miles||1596 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Sat 3:36 AM||3176 km||1973 miles||1715 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:36 AM||3293 km||2046 miles||1778 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.