Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 7, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 7, 2012 at 19:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.71 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.65 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||north||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 51.7"||938.60 mi||west||0° 02' 12.3"||2.53 mi||north||938.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 02.5"||758.89 mi||east||0° 25' 54.8"||29.72 mi||north||758.38 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sat 5:20 AM||675 km||419 miles||364 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sat 5:20 AM||893 km||555 miles||482 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sat 4:20 AM||1827 km||1135 miles||986 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sat 4:20 AM||1832 km||1138 miles||989 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sat 4:20 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sat 4:20 AM||1848 km||1148 miles||998 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sat 4:20 AM||1851 km||1150 miles||999 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sat 4:20 AM||1853 km||1151 miles||1001 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Sat 6:20 AM||1873 km||1164 miles||1011 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Sat 7:20 AM||1932 km||1200 miles||1043 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.