Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 5:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 05:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.78 meters/second, 1507.6 km/hour, 936.8 miles/hour or 814.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 01.2"||0.02 mi||North||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 40.6"||936.45 mi||West||0° 01' 12.5"||1.38 mi||North||936.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 39.2"||761.20 mi||East||0° 01' 27.3"||1.67 mi||North||761.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sat 5:36 AM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||SSW|
|Tamanrasset||Sat 6:36 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||ENE|
|Ouahigouya||Sat 5:36 AM||859 km||534 miles||464 nm||SSW|
|Arlit||Sat 6:36 AM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||ESE|
|Niamey||Sat 6:36 AM||885 km||550 miles||478 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Sat 5:36 AM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Sat 5:36 AM||1001 km||622 miles||541 nm||SSW|
|Bamako||Sat 5:36 AM||1232 km||765 miles||665 nm||SW|
|Marrakech *||Sat 6:36 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||NNW|
|Kano||Sat 6:36 AM||1394 km||866 miles||753 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.