Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 1:59 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 07:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.67 meters/second, 1507.2 km/hour, 936.5 miles/hour or 813.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.61 mi||west||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||north||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.0"||936.27 mi||west||0° 01' 02.1"||1.19 mi||north||936.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 11.3"||761.66 mi||east||0° 02' 45.7"||3.17 mi||south||761.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Sat 6:20 AM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||SSE|
|Santa Maria||Sat 6:20 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||SSE|
|Praia||Sat 6:20 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||SSE|
|Nouadhibou||Sat 7:20 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Sat 7:20 AM||1095 km||681 miles||591 nm||ESE|
|Dakar||Sat 7:20 AM||1149 km||714 miles||620 nm||SE|
|Banjul||Sat 7:20 AM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||SE|
|El Aaiún *||Sat 8:20 AM||1451 km||902 miles||784 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Sat 7:20 AM||1506 km||936 miles||813 nm||SE|
|Conakry||Sat 7:20 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.