Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Friday, August 31, 2012 at 2:00 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.47 meters/second, 1506.5 km/hour, 936.1 miles/hour or 813.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.7"||0.01 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.0"||935.74 mi||West||0° 00' 36.8"||0.70 mi||North||935.71 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 23.6"||762.58 mi||East||0° 13' 00.9"||14.93 mi||South||763.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cancún *||Sat 6:36 AM||73 km||45 miles||40 nm||E|
|Playa del Carmen *||Sat 6:36 AM||81 km||51 miles||44 nm||SE|
|Cozumel *||Sat 6:36 AM||100 km||62 miles||54 nm||SE|
|Merida *||Sat 6:36 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||W|
|Chetumal *||Sat 6:36 AM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||SSW|
|Orange Walk Town||Sat 5:36 AM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||SSW|
|San Pedro||Sat 5:36 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||S|
|Belize City||Sat 5:36 AM||416 km||259 miles||225 nm||S|
|Pinar del Río *||Sat 7:36 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||ENE|
|Belmopan||Sat 5:36 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.