Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 4:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 49%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 16:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.33 meters/second, 1506.0 km/hour, 935.8 miles/hour or 813.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||North||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 30.7"||935.45 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||North||935.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 37.4"||763.73 mi||East||0° 25' 07.9"||28.82 mi||South||765.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lihue||Sat 6:36 AM||111 km||69 miles||60 nm||NE|
|Waipahu||Sat 6:36 AM||217 km||135 miles||117 nm||E|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:36 AM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||E|
|Wailuku||Sat 6:36 AM||375 km||233 miles||203 nm||E|
|Hilo||Sat 6:36 AM||550 km||342 miles||297 nm||ESE|
|Midway||Sat 5:36 AM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:36 AM||2165 km||1345 miles||1169 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:36 AM||2931 km||1821 miles||1583 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Sun 4:36 AM||3444 km||2140 miles||1860 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Sun 4:36 AM||3475 km||2159 miles||1876 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.