Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.32 meters/second, 1505.9 km/hour, 935.7 miles/hour or 813.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.0"||0.00 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 29.3"||935.41 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||South||935.41 mi|
|24 hours||348° 08' 58.3"||764.14 mi||West||0° 29' 35.0"||33.92 mi||South||766.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 6:26 AM||729 km||453 miles||393 nm||WSW|
|Midway||Sat 7:26 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Sun 6:26 AM||1580 km||982 miles||853 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 6:26 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1185 nm||S|
|Palikir||Sun 5:26 AM||2274 km||1413 miles||1228 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Sun 6:26 AM||2509 km||1559 miles||1355 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 6:26 AM||2580 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sat 8:26 AM||2989 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Sun 4:26 AM||3148 km||1956 miles||1700 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 6:26 AM||3355 km||2085 miles||1812 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.