Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 7:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 48%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 19:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.31 meters/second, 1505.9 km/hour, 935.7 miles/hour or 813.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.1"||0.00 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 28.4"||935.40 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||935.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 16.0"||764.41 mi||East||0° 32' 25.1"||37.17 mi||South||766.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sun 7:36 AM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||E|
|Hagåtña||Sun 5:36 AM||1504 km||935 miles||812 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Sun 6:36 AM||1597 km||992 miles||862 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sun 7:36 AM||2249 km||1398 miles||1214 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Sun 4:36 AM||2273 km||1412 miles||1227 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Sun 4:36 AM||2281 km||1417 miles||1232 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Sun 4:36 AM||2449 km||1522 miles||1322 nm||NW|
|Kyoto||Sun 4:36 AM||2527 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Sun 4:36 AM||2527 km||1570 miles||1365 nm||NW|
|Kobe||Sun 4:36 AM||2553 km||1586 miles||1378 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.