Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 47%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.31 meters/second, 1505.9 km/hour, 935.7 miles/hour or 813.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.2"||0.00 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 28.0"||935.41 mi||West||0° 00' 14.6"||0.28 mi||South||935.42 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 22.8"||764.54 mi||East||0° 33' 47.6"||38.75 mi||South||766.96 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Sun 6:10 AM||716 km||445 miles||386 nm||SSW|
|Hagåtña||Sun 6:10 AM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||SSW|
|Yokohama||Sun 5:10 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Sun 5:10 AM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Sun 5:10 AM||1797 km||1117 miles||971 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Sun 5:10 AM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Sun 5:10 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Sun 5:10 AM||1808 km||1123 miles||976 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Sun 5:10 AM||1895 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Sun 7:10 AM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.