Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 10:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 22:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.34 meters/second, 1506.0 km/hour, 935.8 miles/hour or 813.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.4"||0.01 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 26.4"||935.46 mi||West||0° 00' 29.3"||0.56 mi||South||935.48 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 50.1"||765.10 mi||East||0° 39' 42.6"||45.53 mi||South||768.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Macau||Sun 6:36 AM||129 km||80 miles||69 nm||NNE|
|Hong Kong||Sun 6:36 AM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NE|
|Kowloon||Sun 6:36 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||NE|
|Shenzhen||Sun 6:36 AM||191 km||119 miles||103 nm||NE|
|Foshan||Sun 6:36 AM||200 km||124 miles||108 nm||N|
|Guangzhou||Sun 6:36 AM||214 km||133 miles||116 nm||N|
|Haikou||Sun 6:36 AM||293 km||182 miles||158 nm||WSW|
|Shantou||Sun 6:36 AM||459 km||285 miles||248 nm||ENE|
|Nanning||Sun 6:36 AM||501 km||311 miles||270 nm||WNW|
|Guilin||Sun 6:36 AM||519 km||323 miles||280 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.