Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.35 meters/second, 1506.1 km/hour, 935.8 miles/hour or 813.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.5"||0.01 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.7"||935.50 mi||West||0° 00' 35.3"||0.68 mi||South||935.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 00.7"||765.33 mi||East||0° 42' 08.5"||48.32 mi||South||768.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Chiang Rai||Sun 6:36 AM||212 km||132 miles||115 nm||SE|
|Mandalay||Sun 6:06 AM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||WNW|
|Chiang Mai||Sun 6:36 AM||277 km||172 miles||150 nm||SSE|
|Naypyidaw||Sun 6:06 AM||286 km||177 miles||154 nm||SW|
|Luang Prabang||Sun 6:36 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||ESE|
|Mawlamyine||Sun 6:06 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||S|
|Yangon||Sun 6:06 AM||540 km||336 miles||292 nm||SSW|
|Vientiane||Sun 6:36 AM||574 km||357 miles||310 nm||SE|
|Xam Neua||Sun 6:36 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||E|
|Kunming||Sun 7:36 AM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.