Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 11:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 46%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 23:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.36 meters/second, 1506.1 km/hour, 935.8 miles/hour or 813.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||15.60 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.6"||935.51 mi||West||0° 00' 36.4"||0.70 mi||South||935.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 02.3"||765.37 mi||East||0° 42' 32.9"||48.79 mi||South||768.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mandalay||Sun 6:16 AM||86 km||53 miles||46 nm||N|
|Naypyidaw||Sun 6:16 AM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||S|
|Chiang Mai||Sun 6:46 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SE|
|Chittagong||Sun 5:46 AM||440 km||274 miles||238 nm||WNW|
|Yangon||Sun 6:16 AM||489 km||304 miles||264 nm||S|
|Comilla||Sun 5:46 AM||548 km||341 miles||296 nm||WNW|
|Mawlamyine||Sun 6:16 AM||553 km||343 miles||298 nm||SSE|
|Sylhet||Sun 5:46 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||NW|
|Chandpur||Sun 5:46 AM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||WNW|
|Barisal||Sun 5:46 AM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.