Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 41%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.95 meters/second, 1508.2 km/hour, 937.2 miles/hour or 814.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.62 mi||West||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||South||15.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 19.2"||936.83 mi||West||0° 01' 48.4"||2.07 mi||South||936.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 29.3"||768.10 mi||East||1° 11' 17.6"||81.74 mi||South||775.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Holguín *||Sun 7:36 AM||57 km||35 miles||31 nm||WSW|
|Santiago de Cuba *||Sun 7:36 AM||108 km||67 miles||58 nm||S|
|Camagüey *||Sun 7:36 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||W|
|Kingston||Sun 6:36 AM||350 km||218 miles||189 nm||SSW|
|Gonaïves *||Sun 7:36 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||ESE|
|Montego Bay||Sun 6:36 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||SW|
|Providenciales *||Sun 7:36 AM||371 km||230 miles||200 nm||ENE|
|May Pen||Sun 6:36 AM||371 km||230 miles||200 nm||SSW|
|Cap-Haïtien *||Sun 7:36 AM||393 km||244 miles||212 nm||ESE|
|Port-au-Prince *||Sun 7:36 AM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.