Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.52 meters/second, 1510.3 km/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.0"||938.12 mi||West||0° 02' 25.9"||2.79 mi||South||938.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 49.9"||769.55 mi||East||1° 26' 11.4"||98.81 mi||South||779.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Sun 7:46 AM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||E|
|Midway||Sun 6:46 AM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 7:46 AM||2259 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:46 AM||2588 km||1608 miles||1397 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 5:46 AM||2945 km||1830 miles||1590 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Mon 5:46 AM||2949 km||1832 miles||1592 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:46 AM||3195 km||1986 miles||1725 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 6:46 AM||3399 km||2112 miles||1835 nm||SSW|
|Adak *||Sun 8:46 AM||3590 km||2231 miles||1938 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:46 AM||3664 km||2277 miles||1979 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.