Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.61 meters/second, 1510.6 km/hour, 938.6 miles/hour or 815.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.9"||938.32 mi||West||0° 02' 31.0"||2.89 mi||South||938.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 51.4"||769.75 mi||East||1° 28' 11.7"||101.11 mi||South||779.97 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Sun 7:36 AM||827 km||514 miles||447 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Mon 6:36 AM||1691 km||1051 miles||913 nm||W|
|Majuro||Mon 6:36 AM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sun 8:36 AM||2017 km||1253 miles||1089 nm||E|
|Baker Island||Sun 6:36 AM||2275 km||1414 miles||1228 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Mon 6:36 AM||2386 km||1483 miles||1288 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 6:36 AM||2918 km||1813 miles||1576 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 8:36 AM||3008 km||1869 miles||1624 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Mon 5:36 AM||3058 km||1900 miles||1651 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 6:36 AM||3260 km||2026 miles||1760 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.