Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.72 meters/second, 1511.0 km/hour, 938.9 miles/hour or 815.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.5"||938.57 mi||West||0° 02' 36.9"||3.00 mi||South||938.71 mi|
|24 hours||348° 06' 06.9"||769.99 mi||West||1° 30' 31.0"||103.78 mi||South||780.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 7:34 AM||268 km||166 miles||145 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Mon 7:34 AM||1534 km||953 miles||828 nm||S|
|Midway||Sun 8:34 AM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Mon 6:34 AM||1903 km||1182 miles||1027 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Mon 7:34 AM||2184 km||1357 miles||1179 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Mon 7:34 AM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 5:34 AM||2670 km||1659 miles||1441 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 7:34 AM||2783 km||1729 miles||1503 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Mon 4:34 AM||3279 km||2037 miles||1770 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Mon 7:34 AM||3430 km||2131 miles||1852 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.