Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 8:20:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.81 meters/second, 1511.3 km/hour, 939.1 miles/hour or 816.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.65 mi||West||0° 00' 02.5"||0.05 mi||South||15.65 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.3"||938.77 mi||West||0° 02' 41.4"||3.09 mi||South||938.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 53.9"||770.17 mi||East||1° 32' 21.6"||105.89 mi||South||781.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Mon 8:20 AM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||E|
|Palikir||Mon 7:20 AM||1523 km||946 miles||822 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 6:20 AM||1581 km||982 miles||854 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Mon 8:20 AM||2113 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||SE|
|Yokohama||Mon 5:20 AM||2405 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Mon 5:20 AM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Mon 8:20 AM||2558 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||SSE|
|Nagoya||Mon 5:20 AM||2584 km||1606 miles||1395 nm||NW|
|Midway||Sun 9:20 AM||2666 km||1656 miles||1439 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Mon 8:20 AM||2709 km||1684 miles||1463 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.