Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 9:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, September 9, 2012 at 21:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.91 meters/second, 1511.7 km/hour, 939.3 miles/hour or 816.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.66 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||South||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.2"||939.00 mi||West||0° 02' 46.6"||3.18 mi||South||939.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 54.6"||770.37 mi||East||1° 34' 21.5"||108.18 mi||South||781.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Mon 7:10 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Mon 7:10 AM||796 km||495 miles||430 nm||S|
|Shizuoka||Mon 6:10 AM||1736 km||1079 miles||938 nm||NNW|
|Hamamatsu||Mon 6:10 AM||1736 km||1079 miles||938 nm||NNW|
|Yokohama||Mon 6:10 AM||1742 km||1082 miles||941 nm||NNW|
|Kawasaki||Mon 6:10 AM||1746 km||1085 miles||943 nm||NNW|
|Sagamihara||Mon 6:10 AM||1760 km||1094 miles||951 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Mon 6:10 AM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Mon 6:10 AM||1818 km||1130 miles||982 nm||NNW|
|Osaka||Mon 6:10 AM||1840 km||1144 miles||994 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.