Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.43 meters/second, 1517.1 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||942.40 mi||West||0° 03' 49.4"||4.39 mi||South||942.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 43.2"||772.97 mi||East||1° 59' 04.1"||136.50 mi||South||789.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Mon 7:34 AM||440 km||273 miles||238 nm||SE|
|Tidjikja||Mon 7:34 AM||662 km||411 miles||358 nm||WSW|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 7:34 AM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Mon 7:34 AM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||S|
|Bamako||Mon 7:34 AM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||SSW|
|Koudougou||Mon 7:34 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Mon 7:34 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||SSE|
|Sikasso||Mon 7:34 AM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||S|
|Smara *||Mon 8:34 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||NW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Mon 7:34 AM||990 km||615 miles||535 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.