Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, September 10, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 07:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.43 meters/second, 1517.1 km/hour, 942.7 miles/hour or 819.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.71 mi||west||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||south||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||942.40 mi||west||0° 03' 49.4"||4.39 mi||south||942.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 43.2"||772.97 mi||east||1° 59' 04.1"||136.50 mi||south||789.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Mon 7:34 AM||662 km||411 miles||358 nm||WSW|
|Ouahigouya||Mon 7:34 AM||783 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Mon 7:34 AM||851 km||529 miles||459 nm||S|
|Bamako||Mon 7:34 AM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||SSW|
|Dori||Mon 7:34 AM||875 km||544 miles||472 nm||SE|
|Tindouf||Mon 8:34 AM||888 km||552 miles||480 nm||NNW|
|Koudougou||Mon 7:34 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Mon 7:34 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||SSE|
|Sikasso||Mon 7:34 AM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||S|
|Smara *||Mon 8:34 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.