Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 07:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 421.47 meters/second, 1517.3 kilometres/hour, 942.8 miles/hour or 819.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||942.50 mi||West||0° 03' 51.0"||4.42 mi||South||942.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 42.4"||773.04 mi||East||1° 59' 41.8"||137.21 mi||South||789.78 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Mon 7:50 AM||287 km||178 miles||155 nm||SW|
|Nouakchott||Mon 7:50 AM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||WSW|
|Timbuktu||Mon 7:50 AM||749 km||465 miles||404 nm||ESE|
|Smara *||Mon 8:50 AM||782 km||486 miles||422 nm||NNW|
|Rosso||Mon 7:50 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||WSW|
|Dakhla *||Mon 8:50 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||WNW|
|Nouadhibou||Mon 7:50 AM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||W|
|Bamako||Mon 7:50 AM||830 km||516 miles||448 nm||S|
|Tambacounda||Mon 7:50 AM||843 km||524 miles||455 nm||SW|
|Cape Bojador *||Mon 8:50 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.