Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 8:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.50 meters/second, 1517.4 km/hour, 942.9 miles/hour or 819.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.71 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||942.56 mi||West||0° 03' 52.0"||4.43 mi||South||942.77 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 41.8"||773.09 mi||East||2° 00' 05.2"||137.66 mi||South||789.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tidjikja||Mon 8:00 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||S|
|Nouakchott||Mon 8:00 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||WSW|
|Nouadhibou||Mon 8:00 AM||574 km||356 miles||310 nm||W|
|Rosso||Mon 8:00 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||SW|
|Dakhla *||Mon 9:00 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NW|
|Saint-Louis||Mon 8:00 AM||682 km||424 miles||368 nm||SW|
|Tambacounda||Mon 8:00 AM||728 km||452 miles||393 nm||SSW|
|Touba||Mon 8:00 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||SW|
|Cape Bojador *||Mon 9:00 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||NNW|
|Smara *||Mon 9:00 AM||742 km||461 miles||401 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.