Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 33%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.53 meters/second, 1517.5 km/hour, 942.9 miles/hour or 819.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.72 mi||West||0° 00' 03.7"||0.07 mi||South||15.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 14.9"||942.63 mi||West||0° 03' 53.0"||4.45 mi||South||942.83 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 41.5"||773.13 mi||East||2° 00' 28.8"||138.11 mi||South||790.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nouakchott||Mon 8:10 AM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||SW|
|Tidjikja||Mon 8:10 AM||319 km||198 miles||172 nm||ESE|
|Nouadhibou||Mon 8:10 AM||329 km||204 miles||177 nm||WNW|
|Rosso||Mon 8:10 AM||432 km||269 miles||233 nm||SSW|
|Dakhla *||Mon 9:10 AM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||NNW|
|Saint-Louis||Mon 8:10 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||SSW|
|Touba||Mon 8:10 AM||604 km||376 miles||326 nm||SSW|
|Thiès||Mon 8:10 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||SSW|
|Cape Bojador *||Mon 9:10 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||N|
|Dakar||Mon 8:10 AM||694 km||431 miles||375 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.