Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 19:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.64 meters/second, 1525.1 kilometres/hour, 947.7 miles/hour or 823.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||South||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.4"||947.36 mi||West||0° 04' 58.6"||5.70 mi||South||947.62 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 53.7"||776.13 mi||East||2° 25' 56.5"||167.28 mi||South||799.31 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 8:10 AM||1067 km||663 miles||576 nm||NNW|
|Honolulu||Mon 9:10 AM||1658 km||1030 miles||895 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Tue 7:10 AM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 7:10 AM||2109 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:10 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:10 AM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:10 AM||2613 km||1623 miles||1411 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:10 AM||3053 km||1897 miles||1648 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 7:10 AM||3170 km||1970 miles||1712 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 8:10 AM||3173 km||1972 miles||1714 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.