Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 7:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.72 meters/second, 1525.4 km/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.09 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.5"||947.55 mi||West||0° 05' 00.9"||5.75 mi||South||947.81 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 51.6"||776.25 mi||East||2° 26' 51.0"||168.32 mi||South||799.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 8:34 AM||1019 km||633 miles||550 nm||N|
|Wake Island||Tue 7:34 AM||1468 km||912 miles||793 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 7:34 AM||1671 km||1038 miles||902 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:34 AM||2126 km||1321 miles||1148 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:34 AM||2135 km||1327 miles||1153 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Mon 9:34 AM||2260 km||1404 miles||1220 nm||E|
|Yaren||Tue 7:34 AM||2647 km||1645 miles||1429 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 6:34 AM||2783 km||1729 miles||1503 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 7:34 AM||3070 km||1907 miles||1657 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:34 AM||3074 km||1910 miles||1660 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.