Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, September 10, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 19:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.73 meters/second, 1525.4 km/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.80 mi||west||0° 00' 05.0"||0.09 mi||south||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.5"||947.56 mi||west||0° 05' 01.0"||5.75 mi||south||947.82 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 51.5"||776.25 mi||east||2° 26' 53.6"||168.37 mi||south||799.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Mon 8:34 AM||1025 km||637 miles||554 nm||NNE|
|Wake Island||Tue 7:34 AM||1440 km||895 miles||777 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 7:34 AM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:34 AM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:34 AM||2130 km||1324 miles||1150 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Mon 9:34 AM||2288 km||1421 miles||1235 nm||E|
|Yaren||Tue 7:34 AM||2630 km||1634 miles||1420 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 6:34 AM||2757 km||1713 miles||1489 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 7:34 AM||3068 km||1906 miles||1656 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:34 AM||3097 km||1924 miles||1672 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.