Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.85 meters/second, 1525.9 km/hour, 948.1 miles/hour or 823.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.5"||947.84 mi||West||0° 05' 04.5"||5.82 mi||South||948.10 mi|
|24 hours||348° 07' 11.8"||776.42 mi||West||2° 28' 12.9"||169.89 mi||South||800.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 8:10 AM||554 km||344 miles||299 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 8:10 AM||1330 km||826 miles||718 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 9:10 AM||1483 km||921 miles||801 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Tue 8:10 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||S|
|Palikir||Tue 7:10 AM||2011 km||1250 miles||1086 nm||SW|
|Yaren||Tue 8:10 AM||2244 km||1395 miles||1212 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:10 AM||2450 km||1522 miles||1323 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:10 AM||2966 km||1843 miles||1602 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:10 AM||3163 km||1965 miles||1708 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Mon 10:10 AM||3163 km||1966 miles||1708 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.