Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, September 10, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 29%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 20:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.89 meters/second, 1526.0 km/hour, 948.2 miles/hour or 824.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.80 mi||west||0° 00' 05.0"||0.10 mi||south||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.5"||947.99 mi||west||0° 05' 05.6"||5.84 mi||south||948.26 mi|
|24 hours||348° 07' 12.7"||776.53 mi||west||2° 28' 38.1"||170.38 mi||south||800.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 8:20 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||W|
|Majuro||Tue 8:20 AM||1343 km||834 miles||725 nm||S|
|Midway||Mon 9:20 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Tue 7:20 AM||1805 km||1122 miles||975 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Tue 8:20 AM||2002 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 8:20 AM||2190 km||1361 miles||1182 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 8:20 AM||2613 km||1623 miles||1411 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:20 AM||2686 km||1669 miles||1451 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Tue 8:20 AM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 7:20 AM||3319 km||2062 miles||1792 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.