Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, September 10, 2012 at 9:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, September 10, 2012 at 21:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.07 meters/second, 1526.6 km/hour, 948.6 miles/hour or 824.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 15.6"||948.33 mi||West||0° 05' 10.3"||5.93 mi||South||948.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 42.4"||776.71 mi||East||2° 30' 28.8"||172.48 mi||South||801.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Tue 9:10 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||E|
|Palikir||Tue 8:10 AM||1346 km||836 miles||727 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Tue 7:10 AM||1487 km||924 miles||803 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Tue 9:10 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Tue 9:10 AM||2405 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Tue 6:10 AM||2525 km||1569 miles||1363 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Tue 6:10 AM||2534 km||1575 miles||1368 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Tue 9:10 AM||2589 km||1609 miles||1398 nm||SE|
|Midway||Mon 10:10 AM||2758 km||1714 miles||1489 nm||ENE|
|Melekeok||Tue 6:10 AM||2775 km||1725 miles||1499 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.