Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 24%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.66 meters/second, 1536.0 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 18.0"||954.13 mi||West||0° 06' 13.7"||7.14 mi||South||954.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 51' 32.3"||780.15 mi||East||2° 54' 50.4"||200.38 mi||South||811.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Tue 8:10 AM||166 km||103 miles||90 nm||SSW|
|Ouahigouya||Tue 8:10 AM||493 km||306 miles||266 nm||S|
|Dori||Tue 8:10 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Tue 8:10 AM||629 km||391 miles||340 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Tue 8:10 AM||640 km||397 miles||345 nm||S|
|Niamey||Tue 9:10 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||SE|
|Fada N'gourma||Tue 8:10 AM||712 km||442 miles||384 nm||SSE|
|Koutiala||Tue 8:10 AM||719 km||447 miles||388 nm||SSW|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Tue 8:10 AM||792 km||492 miles||428 nm||SSW|
|Sikasso||Tue 8:10 AM||834 km||519 miles||451 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.