Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 8:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 20:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.82 meters/second, 1547.3 km/hour, 961.5 miles/hour or 835.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.02 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||16.02 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 21.2"||961.23 mi||West||0° 07' 20.4"||8.41 mi||South||961.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 50' 14.4"||784.46 mi||East||3° 20' 01.2"||229.20 mi||South||823.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Midway||Tue 9:10 AM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||N|
|Majuro||Wed 8:10 AM||1717 km||1067 miles||927 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 8:10 AM||1823 km||1133 miles||984 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 8:10 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||WNW|
|Honolulu||Tue 10:10 AM||1998 km||1241 miles||1079 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Wed 8:10 AM||2061 km||1281 miles||1113 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 10:10 AM||2638 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 8:10 AM||2657 km||1651 miles||1435 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 8:10 AM||2832 km||1760 miles||1529 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 9:10 AM||2932 km||1822 miles||1583 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.