Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.19 meters/second, 1559.5 kilometres/hour, 969.0 miles/hour or 842.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.6"||968.79 mi||West||0° 08' 23.2"||9.61 mi||South||969.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 16.8"||789.50 mi||East||3° 43' 24.1"||255.96 mi||South||835.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Zinder||Wed 9:10 AM||164 km||102 miles||89 nm||SSW|
|Agadez||Wed 9:10 AM||277 km||172 miles||149 nm||NW|
|Maradi||Wed 9:10 AM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||WSW|
|Kano||Wed 9:10 AM||368 km||229 miles||199 nm||SSW|
|Arlit||Wed 9:10 AM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||NNW|
|Zaria||Wed 9:10 AM||499 km||310 miles||269 nm||SSW|
|Maiduguri||Wed 9:10 AM||520 km||323 miles||281 nm||SE|
|Sokoto||Wed 9:10 AM||534 km||332 miles||288 nm||WSW|
|Kaduna||Wed 9:10 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||SSW|
|Ndjamena||Wed 9:10 AM||666 km||414 miles||360 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.