Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 8:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 at 08:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.27 meters/second, 1559.8 kilometres/hour, 969.2 miles/hour or 842.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.6"||968.98 mi||West||0° 08' 24.9"||9.64 mi||South||969.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 15.9"||789.64 mi||East||3° 43' 57.6"||256.60 mi||South||836.30 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Sokoto||Wed 9:28 AM||223 km||138 miles||120 nm||S|
|Maradi||Wed 9:28 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||SE|
|Agadez||Wed 9:28 AM||351 km||218 miles||189 nm||NE|
|Niamey||Wed 9:28 AM||391 km||243 miles||211 nm||WSW|
|Zinder||Wed 9:28 AM||415 km||258 miles||224 nm||ESE|
|Arlit||Wed 9:28 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||NNE|
|Kano||Wed 9:28 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||SE|
|Kandi||Wed 9:28 AM||509 km||316 miles||275 nm||SSW|
|Zaria||Wed 9:28 AM||511 km||318 miles||276 nm||SSE|
|Kaduna||Wed 9:28 AM||551 km||343 miles||298 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.