Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.34 meters/second, 1578.0 km/hour, 980.5 miles/hour or 852.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.34 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.34 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 27.7"||980.36 mi||West||0° 09' 50.2"||11.27 mi||South||980.73 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 18.8"||798.90 mi||East||4° 14' 45.7"||291.83 mi||South||855.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kampong Chhnang||Thu 9:28 AM||48 km||30 miles||26 nm||ESE|
|Phnom Penh||Thu 9:28 AM||114 km||71 miles||61 nm||SE|
|Siem Reap||Thu 9:28 AM||121 km||75 miles||65 nm||NNW|
|Battambang||Thu 9:28 AM||140 km||87 miles||76 nm||NW|
|Kratié||Thu 9:28 AM||195 km||121 miles||105 nm||E|
|Sihanoukville||Thu 9:28 AM||205 km||127 miles||111 nm||SSW|
|Stung Treng||Thu 9:28 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||NE|
|Cần Thơ||Thu 9:28 AM||305 km||190 miles||165 nm||SSE|
|Ho Chi Minh||Thu 9:28 AM||320 km||199 miles||173 nm||ESE|
|Pakse||Thu 9:28 AM||352 km||218 miles||190 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.