Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 8:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 08:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 439.90 meters/second, 1583.6 kilometres/hour, 984.0 miles/hour or 855.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.40 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 27.7"||983.86 mi||West||0° 10' 15.2"||11.75 mi||South||984.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 49' 52.6"||802.38 mi||East||4° 23' 28.9"||301.80 mi||South||862.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mongo||Thu 9:18 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||NW|
|Sarh||Thu 9:18 AM||279 km||174 miles||151 nm||SSW|
|Abéché||Thu 9:18 AM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NNE|
|Birao||Thu 9:18 AM||368 km||228 miles||198 nm||ESE|
|Moussoro||Thu 9:18 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NW|
|Kaga-Bandoro||Thu 9:18 AM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||S|
|Moundou||Thu 9:18 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||SW|
|Ndjamena||Thu 9:18 AM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||W|
|Maroua||Thu 9:18 AM||582 km||362 miles||315 nm||W|
|Bria||Thu 9:18 AM||595 km||370 miles||322 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.