Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 8:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 20:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 442.84 meters/second, 1594.2 kilometres/hour, 990.6 miles/hour or 860.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.7"||990.46 mi||West||0° 11' 01.7"||12.63 mi||South||990.80 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 06.5"||810.33 mi||East||4° 39' 11.3"||319.75 mi||South||875.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:18 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 10:18 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 8:18 AM||2634 km||1637 miles||1422 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 9:18 AM||2769 km||1720 miles||1495 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 10:18 AM||3010 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||S|
|Midway||Thu 9:18 AM||3187 km||1980 miles||1721 nm||NW|
|Apia||Fri 9:18 AM||3187 km||1980 miles||1721 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 10:18 AM||3420 km||2125 miles||1847 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:18 AM||3517 km||2185 miles||1899 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 9:18 AM||3558 km||2211 miles||1921 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.