Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 8:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 20:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.92 meters/second, 1594.5 km/hour, 990.8 miles/hour or 861.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.6"||990.63 mi||West||0° 11' 02.9"||12.66 mi||South||990.97 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 11.6"||810.56 mi||East||4° 39' 34.6"||320.20 mi||South||875.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 10:38 AM||838 km||521 miles||453 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Thu 10:38 AM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Thu 8:38 AM||2145 km||1333 miles||1158 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 9:38 AM||2437 km||1514 miles||1316 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 9:38 AM||2831 km||1759 miles||1529 nm||NW|
|Apia||Fri 9:38 AM||2893 km||1798 miles||1562 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Fri 8:38 AM||3083 km||1916 miles||1665 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Thu 10:38 AM||3144 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Fri 8:38 AM||3183 km||1978 miles||1719 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 8:38 AM||3236 km||2011 miles||1747 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.