Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 9:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 21:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 443.11 meters/second, 1595.2 kilometres/hour, 991.2 miles/hour or 861.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.52 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.52 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 25.3"||991.05 mi||West||0° 11' 05.9"||12.71 mi||South||991.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 52' 24.6"||811.16 mi||East||4° 40' 32.6"||321.30 mi||South||876.51 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Thu 9:28 AM||1127 km||700 miles||608 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 11:28 AM||1749 km||1087 miles||944 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Fri 9:28 AM||1908 km||1186 miles||1030 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Fri 9:28 AM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 11:28 AM||1990 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||NE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 10:28 AM||2034 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Fri 9:28 AM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Thu 10:28 AM||2214 km||1376 miles||1195 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Fri 10:28 AM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Fri 9:28 AM||2622 km||1629 miles||1416 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.