Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 01:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.97 meters/second, 1598.3 km/hour, 993.1 miles/hour or 863.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.55 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.7"||992.98 mi||west||0° 11' 19.5"||12.97 mi||south||993.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 34.3"||814.09 mi||east||4° 44' 56.8"||326.34 mi||south||880.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Fri 10:28 AM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||E|
|Davao||Fri 9:28 AM||562 km||349 miles||303 nm||WSW|
|General Santos||Fri 9:28 AM||641 km||399 miles||346 nm||WSW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Fri 9:28 AM||651 km||405 miles||352 nm||W|
|Cebu City||Fri 9:28 AM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||WNW|
|Bacolod||Fri 9:28 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||WNW|
|Sofifi||Fri 10:28 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||SSW|
|Ternate||Fri 10:28 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Fri 9:28 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||SW|
|Manokwari||Fri 10:28 AM||1084 km||673 miles||585 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.