Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:11 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.14 meters/second, 1598.9 km/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.4"||993.44 mi||west||0° 11' 22.3"||13.03 mi||south||993.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 50.6"||814.78 mi||east||4° 45' 50.1"||327.37 mi||south||881.69 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 10:18 AM||188 km||117 miles||102 nm||NNE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 10:18 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||SW|
|Zamboanga City||Fri 10:18 AM||448 km||278 miles||242 nm||ESE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 10:18 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||SW|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 10:18 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||SW|
|Iloilo City||Fri 10:18 AM||558 km||347 miles||301 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 10:18 AM||588 km||365 miles||317 nm||SW|
|Bacolod||Fri 10:18 AM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||ENE|
|Miri||Fri 10:18 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||SW|
|Cebu City||Fri 10:18 AM||670 km||417 miles||362 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.