Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 2:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 02:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.14 meters/second, 1598.9 kilometres/hour, 993.5 miles/hour or 863.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.4"||993.37 mi||West||0° 11' 22.3"||13.02 mi||South||993.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 50.2"||814.71 mi||East||4° 45' 48.8"||327.33 mi||South||881.60 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 10:18 AM||181 km||112 miles||98 nm||N|
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 10:18 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SW|
|Zamboanga City||Fri 10:18 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||ESE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 10:18 AM||529 km||329 miles||286 nm||SW|
|Iloilo City||Fri 10:18 AM||532 km||331 miles||287 nm||ENE|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 10:18 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||SW|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 10:18 AM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||SW|
|Marawi City||Fri 10:18 AM||642 km||399 miles||346 nm||E|
|Cebu City||Fri 10:18 AM||643 km||399 miles||347 nm||ENE|
|Miri||Fri 10:18 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.