Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, September 14, 2012 at 2:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 5%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Saturday, September 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Sunday, September 16, 2012 at 2:12 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, September 14, 2012 at 02:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.17 meters/second, 1599.0 km/hour, 993.6 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.2"||993.44 mi||West||0° 11' 22.8"||13.03 mi||South||993.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 53' 53.4"||814.84 mi||East||4° 45' 59.2"||327.53 mi||South||881.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kota Kinabalu||Fri 10:28 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||S|
|Puerto Princesa||Fri 10:28 AM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||ENE|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Fri 10:28 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||SSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Fri 10:28 AM||395 km||246 miles||214 nm||SSW|
|Kuala Belait||Fri 10:28 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||SSW|
|Miri||Fri 10:28 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||SSW|
|Zamboanga City||Fri 10:28 AM||678 km||421 miles||366 nm||E|
|Cebu City||Fri 10:28 AM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||ENE|
|Manila||Fri 10:28 AM||897 km||558 miles||485 nm||NE|
|Quezon||Fri 10:28 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.